"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

June 23, 2007

A FRIEND, A BELIEF; COULDN'T BE FORGOTTEN!!

Have you ever EXPERIENCED this?? I have never chatted with a friend in such a way that.. never ever.. Well, he isn't my ordinary friend, honestly.. this UKM final yr Masters student, while I'm further studying in Monash.. since junior high school we met.. We were classmateS untill high school.. We learned Taekwon-Do GTF and Basic First Aid and nursing skills (St. John ambulance) in high school.. same passion in reading SCIENCE (slightly different field).. same young, height and size.. We can play music (different instrument).. We can draw (different style).. Undeniably he is more handsome but I do not say I'm not handsome.. And we love scientific research.. What a special and unique friend ever to me!!

Last Friday, I ended up staying in his rented hostel after I failed to get my night time bus (11pm) back to hometown!! The last time we met was this year chinese new year in February but the interesting thing is.. reached his hostel at 12am, He and I were just chatting that night but when we finally realized, it was 7AM next morning!!! すごいね!! What we were talking about??? Well, a lot.. many.. He presented his forensic entomology, I presented my brain science and we talked scienceS!! Then, I explained to him about AIKIDO (even demonstrated), he taught me about Astronomy and we discussed the Nature of universe!! and about everything.. Both of us are going for Doctor of Philosophy(PhD), that's why we talked philosophy!! Nope, the 'One Night Chat' (一夜‘谈’) yield NO CONCLUSION because we believed that everything around us never stop changing!! ..sounds spiritual!

Why we need a conclusion?? What we see now is just part of the process.. There are many possibilities, many HOPEs in future!! We shouldn't conclude so fast but should understand the TRUTH of nature!! If we concluded something, our mind will stopped, locked and fixed there.. our mind should keep going and free to flow (generate and degenerate finer thoughts), then we can grow up.. Of course, We can make decision and we must when time come, but will change when condition is necessary.. (Decision = Conclusion??). We need to train our mind to be sharp, and flexible; not wandering and stiff!! ..Yo, Unleash human potential, my friends!