"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

June 11, 2008

legs and hands can't move; Can walk!!!!

Before this, if a person paralyzed (meaning can’t move hand and leg, though still conscious), life is sort of vanished (depends) because obviously has to always lie on bed. The depressed patient should feel better because now paralyzed patient can have a WALK!! Not walk with legs which he can’t, HE is walking with his brain!!

A 41-year old paralyzed patient created a character (himself) to take a walk, and chatting (via mic) to others on the popular Second Life website (visit one of its kind). That’s just his thought (or imagination), whereby brain wave can be used in manipulating his virtual self on internet, with a new system. Assist. Prof. Junichi Ushiba and his research team at Keio Univeristy (Japan) are behind this WORLD-FIRST demonstration!

To the patient, it’s MIRACLE! To me (us), it’s interesting (the brain)! See, our thoughts are critical! When we think we want, we will get (we need to work out the HOW, still). Emm.. how about coma patients?? But they aren’t conscious… maybe they are…