"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

August 04, 2009

Lost my way back, new language applied…

Have ever lost wallet, cellphone here, and got it back. This time lost myself.. which actually lost my way back, though I reached my destination. First time taking bus to nearby town in a country I’m still new to after 6 months here. Have been learning the language here which is totally new to me and the opportunity was there for me to show what I got.. managed to have a conversation with bus drivers, used unexpected amount of word of new language 한국어 I just learned.. to say ‘I’m LOST’ eventually. Well, after a quite good conversation it seemed to be, they sent me back.

Did plan everything and a map with me, well.. perhaps, just I thought everything well-prepared.. an ILLUSION of control that people might have, huh.. The real situation appeared to be more than what can be predicted or set everything in place. Therefore a plan only means an outline, and do have considerable impact on a result, but the strange thing about planning is if a plan looks incomplete or not 'handsome', it give raise to FEAR (stunted by trillion of ‘what if’ questions in your brain) and you never going to do it, nor take the risk. Of course, nothing going to happen..

After all, the more critical would be, do something anyway, the ability to adjust to situations and whatever circumstances to come, leading even the worse case into good.. the EXECUTION~ okay, I just finished an incomplete and full of worries PLAN to go Seoul, don't think much, tomorrow just GO!