"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

December 25, 2006

When Brain and Aikido meet!!

BRAIN is a sophisticated organ that human understand the least, and the most complicated one, however brain research is the least too! Many stimuli inside body and outside environment are shaping our brain ('supercomputer') and will never static.. Therefore, everybody is unique as everybody were undergoing different changes of brain and hence showing different styles.. but HOW?? Changes in the Brain affect our thinking, emotion and behavior.. but how?? Also, how we know we are we (who are we? the consciousness)?? What is mind?? Brain or mind?? How?!

BRAIN research is growing fast now and will be the last and the next frontier in science world. As scientist (研究者 kenkyuusha), I will unravel the SECRET of the brain and the DIVERSITY of human mind!!! I'm on my journey (further study in postgraduate..) of discovering our wonderful brain!!! I hope more people get to know about human brain.. Your Brain is dynamic and your Mind power isinfinite!! UNLOCK your brain and utilize it for good!!
Meanwhile, another side of me (the Martial Art me, 武者 Musha), I greatly influenced by the wonderful philosophy of Aikido 合气道 and we should get to know about Aikido! You wouldn't know that you might fall in LOVE to this unique art. Aikido is "Art of Peace" found by Moreihei Ueshiba, Japan. We have had enough competition, arguing, and fighting (all sort of violence and ugly images in mind), let's try up something that give us peace..

In Aikido, nature flow of energy or "chi" , is emphasized, instead of mere brutal forces, therefore I would say Aikido is beautiful, and meaningful art of nature, and the ART is as dynamic and infinite as human brain do.. thus I always think the feeling and the way of Aikido is very similar to how human brain work, and It is indeed quite so.. I'm very curious on the potential of mind (which applicable in Aikido).. I love the feeling of Aikido!! Come feel it...