"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

March 24, 2007

"YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE. DON'T BE AFRAID OF FAILURE, BELIEVE IN THE UNBELIEVABLE, DARE TO DREAM

This 'Kuantan' boy (studying in Monash Uni.) just spent RM100 for an Aikido seminar. An 7th degree black belt Master, chief instructor of Nara Prefecture in Japan, Ikuhiro Kubota Shihan (Master in Japanese) came to Malaysia and gave 3 days workshop seminar at Puchong Rakan Muda Complex on 16th of March 2007. And he got chance to be thrown by the Master, so lucky because he felt the "CHI" of the Master and it was different feeling.. special feeling.. what feeling?? Aikido feeling loh.. Come join Aikido 合气道, then you will know the "feeling". Err..simply say is... "Never force but natural, never be the hardest but softer, never to resist but free, and.. soft body, unshakable mind, passionate spirit plus the love of nature.." These are original words of mine trying to explain Aikido feeling. In fact, Aikido hardly explained by words. It is its philosophy that make this 'Art of Peace' beautiful and meaningful!! Its principle can be applied in limitless fields, not just self-defense.

Just heard people (on blog) said that:
"Ikuhiro Kubota shihan once had liver cancer years ago, warded and he almost gave up. However, his sensei (means his teacher of aikido) encouraged him to do breathing exercises all the time everyday. His sensei himself even called Kubota everyday to make sure Kubota do the exercises. Later, Kubota diagnostic report showed good news about his liver cancer!!"

It may be just coincidently and NOT trying to claim that Aikido could cure disease, anyway. In fact, these breathing exercises (not all but some) were practiced in the early of every Aikido classes as mental training by breathe-in deeply and breathe-out all because breathing is the most important activity for every living organism in nature, yet we did not ever pay attention to it. We, human couldn't survive for 5 minutes in a condition without oxygen because human brain alone is consuming 20% oxygen of our breathe and brain cells are dying after 3 minutes without oxygen and then other parts of body also couldn't survive, thus indicates the importance of breathing. If we all aware, we usually breathe-in and out shallowly but it would be best to take full air and exhale all out and doing this frequently, in order to make sure every single cells in our body supplied with sufficient oxygen (or life force-- 'chi' 元気,) for HEALTH! That's also the principle in Yoga, Meditation, 'Tai chi'.. which is good for health and calmness, indeed. Hence, breathe deeply often!! Ops.. excuse me for over-expressing aikido here.