"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

May 26, 2007

Mum's day 2007-Awana Kijal Resort

Last Sunday, we celebrated mum’s special day (replacement day), which was a one day holiday at Awana Kijal Resort! We, 5 persons consist of original 4 family members plus one special.. (guess who??), went to Terengganu. There are long, clean beach and greenery nature, relaxing wind blowing from the sea, with good sunny morning which makes that a perfect time to REST our contracted muscle and tensed mind (during work in busy, fast-pace city)!! My dad and I took a nap on the bench with ‘atap’ roof in the banana farm (built alike from modern material, instead of wood), anyway the feeling still vivid. I felt the warmness as well as cooling wind, and I was totally relaxed!! My brother and ?? went for swimming while my mum have a walk in the beautiful nature. After that, we all played ping-pong which we used to be very skilled in, especially the three man of the family! Still, today we aren’t too bad.

What gift did the two sons buy for their mum?? The irreplacable one.. The meaningful one.. The return of her two sons!! (the 'Twin Tower'). Family united!! That day we brought home another special gift indeed ---- ‘Kopi O’ (Coffee in Malay, the name of a black, cute little puppy we newly found in Kemaman on that day). We were so HAPPY! Anyway, the ‘Kopi O’, the puppy is now undergoing ‘Registration period’ with our smart dog, ‘Lucky’ (the queen in our house after my mum). She barked at the newcomer (puppy) as if wanted to eat her. So scary!! The poor little puppy was frightened. Well, is the matter of time I think..