"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 15, 2007

Busy to BON ODORI.. RELAX to Busy!!


BUSY days.. All about a project.. then a project and a project again! But then stuck.. still stuck.. and Emm.. stuck! Therefore, have to think of why.. how.. and do it!! For that reason, i couldn't find the right 'feel' to write blog lately until this weekend, my mum visited me..

Yesterday (14 July), we went to 31th 'Bon Odori' Festival in Malaysia 2007 (Matsushida Sport Complex)!! For my mum (the honorable = my dad), I must 'jump' out from ultra-busy style and transformed into a RELAX mode by letting go things that seem urgent or important now but not so in the long run.

Bon Odori (盆踊り) , is a Japanese culture dance where a platform (Yagura) was surrounded by people and they all dance. This Festival had been attracting many people and this year the Bon Odori comers were doubled or even tripled in number than years before. In fact, the 31th Bon Odori Festival in Malaysia was also cerebrating the 50 years Japan-Malaysia Friendship, and VisitMalaysia YR 2007 as well as for Malaysia's 5o Years Independence!!

It was my first time and was memorable! We have dancers (Mixed Japaneses with locals) were performing on the 'Yagura', and we, the crowd around them followed. Everyone danced together cheerfully, the Japanese dance! The togetherness and commitment of everybody (to dance) were the essence of the festival!! Of course, the beautiful cultural dances and performances were the key to bring the crowd together and enjoy!! Honestly, it was very grand, super-crowded.. a very good 'feel' night! No traffic jam at all, because it had well-organized.すごい !!!

I'm looking forward to join the 'must-go' Bon Odori Festival next year 2008. Hoho! After all, did the comers on that night knew the meaning of Bon Odori in Japan?? How many of them know, then?? Err.. I know a little.. It is like chinese ghost festival (盂蘭節).. 'their' world gate open and 'they' come back to see 'their' relatives.. now this festival is like a family reunion holiday for the Japaneses.. (Bon Odori is a dance of JOY, there is a spiritual story behind, please visit Wikipedia).

After the perfect time I had in Bon Odori Festival, I must tune my channel back to Super-BUSY!! ..Brain Research ProjectS!! ..Why?? ..How?? By the way, i enjoy research very much too.. YosS!!!