"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 02, 2007

Monash University: Brand NEW Malaysia campus

WowW.. I’m standing at 3rd floor of Monash new campus in Sunway at last! I’m looking out the windows and recalling back the cutie puppies and a dedicated, talkative, philosophical Indian Sunway security guard during the time in last BRI laboratory. I quite miss those days..


NOW.. here the larger, resourceful new Monash in Malaysia.. with good laboratory facilities and researchers, will reflect the university's motto – Ancora Imparo or "I am still learning" and The Vision -- Engaging the World! However, the administrative management are still improving.. due to the transition from college-like (Shared building) to a REAL University-like institute (M'sia campus) and newly introduction of postgraduate medical research programme and catching up closely to Australia campus quality!!
Anyway, a brand new University should give raise to brand new Research SPIRIT in BRAIN Research Institute (where I’m)!! hehe.. BRI started with a small blessing party!! with long story-telling (once upon a time..) by professor. haha!

For me, there are feeling of the West, and we are in the East! Home-feel environment in BRI with small kitchen (microwave, toaster, refrigerator, coffee-maker..) ready for students, staffs and researchers, (Err.. can i have a washing machine and a little bed???) which motivate us to work (research) harder and encourage 24 hourS RESEARCH (that kind of spirit!). Well, little time needed for setting up the laboratory, to boost productivity (quality findings and papers)!! YosS!