Whole week was happening event!! BUSY moment, both mental and physical.. attendinglectures and also helping-up (as part of the host).. multiple role-playing.. Good opportunity for meeting up foreign speakers (professors) with kind-sharing some of their young time memories.. and joining students from Asia-Pacific countries in learning about brain from experts. Significant recall..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A ‘busy-body’ attitude of mine, volunteered myself for student group presentation, and that was fun and great ‘Game’ time! It was just to let those postgraduate students to experience research-designing and project proposing. Therefore, it wasn’t that really serious. However, members in the group of different nation, different field, I was in, took this simulation as a real project planning and thinking to apply big grant and even we are going to do it together!! So, we discussed as if it’s real situation.. I was lucky to be part of this high spirit teamwork. Though, it was just a ‘feeling’ before implementation. I agree, 'Idea is not as good as implementation!'
The whole process was really tough and can’t be done in simply a night or two and the most exciting moment would be the presentation. While we were eager to put ideas in the slideshow, we never thought much about presenting it and we were panicking on presentation day.. We all have the same problem, same fear, same goal in our case.. SUDDENLY.. popping up a 'Titanic' concept of ‘you jump, I jump’.. as well as our modified amusing version ‘you push, I jump’. Thus, everybody’s mood has cheered up and willing to face the speech fear within.
With limited time we have for reading up the topic, and no rehearsal at all.. we all just spontaneously threw out everything we know about our plan and its significance! Every member has to say, answer questions and comments. Well, ..made it quite a nice 'story'!haha.. I like the feeling of a complementary TEAM!!
With that.. the 11th IBRO Associate School 2007 in Monash has successfully concluded on Friday evening!