"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

November 30, 2007

'SCIENCE FEVER', curable??

..work hard is good! ..working until night is highly encouraged here! I'm too a workaholics and willing to stay and learn! However.. stay back until 1am was a little too much! Me.. signed out on Tuesday at 1am midnight! It wasn't consciously but we did notice at about 12pm but the exciting.. endless.. curious.. interest-sharing was.. Haha!

A stem cell research-passionated friend, sharing his vision of life-longevity (dreaming..), while I shared my strongest feeling on cognitive neuroscience research, wishing to understand more the amazing diversity of human mind! In the student room, we were debating and were trying to influence each other.. a long personal 'seminar' on science between us! ..without knowing the time past, until the last staff who worked until that late that day (11pm).

This would be another serious 'SCIENCE FEVER', since an 'one night chat' (with an old friend of mine, in recent June 2007), apart from brain, we also covered forensic entomology, nature and universe, as well as philosophy!!! err.. 'SCIENCE FEVER', curable?? Sometime I was thinking whether I should go for psychology, which really my interest in the study of mind! Nevertheless, I want to know the biology of the mind. What happen in the brain during cognition?? How do those neurons (functional unit of the brain), glial cells (supporting team), and modulating molecules working dynamically, when we are.. thinking, learning, emotional, perception, memory, attention, motivation, language, make decision, and CONSCIOUSNESS?? HOW?? emm.. What is the mind??

Have you ever think of that?? ..thinking too much la..