"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

January 13, 2008

‘dead-fish’-like stamina.. what’s wrong??

Last month was my 3rd ‘kyu’ (grade) Aikido Grading. It was a 45 minutes marathon-like falling and getting up exercises; even my highest breathing rate also did not manage to compensate heavy energy-consumption of the tiring muscle.. panting throughout the test and wishing it to finish sooner, yet it did not.. and I almost collapse. ‘Sensei’ and ‘sempai’ said, ..be mind focus and you will get through it. I tried, and did push beyond my limit, sustained as long as I could.. However, I still have to say ‘excuse me’ and rest a little while before I could finish it. Among the young men who were grading for the same ‘kyu’, I was the weakest stamina.. That day, it was really a ‘dead fish’-like performance!! What happen to me?? What life I was having?? Something wrong in many ways: nutrition, resting, mood, exercise.. There is still long way to go, and how could I be such soft 'TOFU'-like?? YossS!! I must train up the stamina in good new year.. Stronger ‘kokyuu’ (breathing) power!! ho...