"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

January 13, 2008

Three Generations meet in one place!

Aikido training here is getting extra lively.. because we have kids, the young, and the elders practice together. They are different!! The kids are naughty yet funny.. the young are energetic and fast.. and the elders are skilled and patient. Even so, we help each other to grow, although understandably, the kids may not simply be quiet, the young may not easily let go their ego and the elders’ mastery may not be achieved in a year or two. It is like a cycle, whereby the elders teach the young, while the young guide the kids, and lastly the kids entertain the elders.. Haha!! What we can see here is.. the growth! If we stop growing in any way, we are as good as death! So, I think the founder said this before.. life is growth!