"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

February 20, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Chai!! ..2008

Recent Chinese New Year wasn’t that grand feeling here, I found. why? Err.. I took early holiday for a week (CNY), leaving Sunway happily for home.. when I reached home, suddenly I felt a relief. I had mentally exhausted, because of heaviest energy (mind) consumption during my confusing period that I had for months. Therefore, this is a good time to recover, at last. How? ..by sweeping and mopping inner floor, washing and scraping outer floor clean, clearing up and rearranging shelves, wiping up everything, windows and doors. Well, physically, there is energy still. Besides the goodness of helping mother, to clean up the house (reduced her workload), also, I enjoyed focusing the mind and making something happen (although a small thing). My mum’s food should be the best remedy of anything, for me.

This year, I was inactive, spent most of the time with family and only visited some relatives. Therefore, number of 'angpao' reduced drastically, if compare to previous year. However, playing with children (cousins) should be the happiest scene, giving everyone cheers, and they are actively growing year by year. Kids are not afraid.. if you say don’t do this, they did; when you say do that, they don’t. They don’t think impossible, just do it! Sometime, some people are too afraid of something, but.. Why is it we shouldn’t do? Why is it we should do, after all? Who gave us all those reasons here? ..and who should be?

Following family, we visited and had a cup of drink at Triang, a small, peaceful town in Pahang state (2 hours from Kuantan), which I never been before, 20 years living in hometown. My dad was driving down to Triang with his partner every early morning, and was selling fishes in the small market there, somewhere more than 10 years ago; He was recalling his old tough story during the visit and we enjoyed.. Day after that, visiting a National Service camp at Kuala Pahang was relaxing because it surrounded by trees and cooling wind from the beach. We sent our nephew who is trainee, back to the ‘resort’-like NS camp. It should be a good training and nice holiday for the trainees.

This year CNY was really quiet but resting enough and I wish next year: -
HAPPY, HEALTHY, SAFETY!