"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

February 20, 2008

Fo Guang Shan Dong Zhen Temple.. Visit 2008

A tourism spot it becomes, because of daily visit by 1000 people from various state of Malaysia and even neighbor country, crowed the place, during every Chinese New Year. Jenjarom is a small town where it located, 20 minutes toward south, from Klang, I guess. Besides the GRAND interior of Buddhist hall, plenty of colorful flowers and annual changing decoration and statues that reflects Buddhism at outside, as well as the night view with all the lights on, and daily fireworks, has attracted many people interest, at all ages. This year, FGS Dong Zhen Temple has huge ‘lantern’ surrounded by flowers and small but beautiful cultural village, in addition to ‘THOUSAND PEOPLE’ dinner with Cultural Performances by Taiwan group! Since I do not manage to meet up my friends last Saturday, due to the great crowd, thus I followed my mum, had a nice vege ‘bak kut teh’, brought home a Lucky 'Feng Che' and also bought something back in Organic Food Exhibition.

The day after, at night, through the window in my room, from my apartment, I can see fireworks, not far away, right in front me with clear sound effect! It is the fireworks from Dong Zhen Temple. Every night I enjoy fireworks! ..until I bored with fireworks. Haha!