"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

March 11, 2008

First Time Voting; Historical Result!!

..rushing to bus terminal on Friday, just right on time catching up my pre-paid ticket, night time bus - HOME!! However, I think the pity bus can’t ever speed more than 30km/h, not until Karak (normally ~1.5 hour from KL) and hence reached home at 2am midnight!!

8th March 2008 was historical!! It was the 12th National Election in Malaysia.. (Figure from the star online '08). The location of poll station is close to my previous high school, thus I found myself back to the 'Examination Hall', remembering the seriousness and some fear that I used to have.. When I was queuing up, I recalled the time I was waiting for my turn in Taekwan-Do Black belt Grading Test (can’t wait!).. When the observers were calling names, It was alike to the time I was taking IELTS speaking test (exciting!).. And when I was marking my votes and putting into the box, I felt like I was doing my final exam during my undergraduate time in university (critical!).. Haha! Just a short period of time, the process.. Great to have back all the ancient feeling I have almost forgotten..

Besides the emotions.. More emotion arises! YosSS! Oppositions rise and have taken 5 states! From now on, they could voice up more.. question more.. It was interesting, I felt, therefore I followed the election result announcements that day, until 4am morning! BECAUSE.. I can’t believe, people really choose to CHANGE! People are different! My dad and my brother support the change, my mum was worrying the outcome and me.. I hesitated to, because I have not seen the solid reasons that everybody is angering about.. I did hesitate at first.. BUT then, I wondered.. Why not?? I might not have been following closely enough the news, thus not much anger and not much complaints.. Besides, I have not really done anything for nation, honestly.. ('pai seh') However, could it be any different after the change?? Emm.. not certain yet. Who can guarantee?? IF only rely on those groups (you support or you don’t) to do something for you, I think you just wait, please wait.. Its better everybody, anyone, work together and do something good now!!

My first time was memorable.. I witnessed CHANGE! ..looking forward for the outcome. I want to stay very close to news, from now on. ..Great wishes to our nation!