"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

April 23, 2008

One’s Attention in Life = One’s Center in Aikido??

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
..almost a month of HOLIDAY! Last week participation in AIKIDO camp, visited Melaka, was stimulating, yet tranquilizing.. Meet-up of MAA instructors and members, organized by MMU Aikido club. As an aikido-ka, I wonder if one’s Attention in life is similar to one’s CENTER, we called, which is emphasized strongly in aikido training? Being center makes you firm in whatever condition, however, out of center will off-balance you and you are down! Therefore, whenever we move in aikido, center is the most critical! Apparently, it is the source of ultimate strength! ..the 'heart' of everything! so, what is ours in life?