"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 20, 2008

Choice is great but could be headache.

Few months passed, it is time to make decision and I must choose. I felt very much DIFFICULT in decision making as I was once made hurting mistakes! A good choice is enhancing and leveraging you! Whilst a bad choice is diminishing and ruining you! However, if make no decision, nothing will happen, neither good nor bad. Hence, we have to choose in order to move and learn.

Well.. some time we can take time, but most of the time, decision has to be made quick as it is time critical. If only given one solution, it is fine as don’t need to consider and is straight forward but we might complain there is no choice; while when there are plenty of choices, we will pray we had none as it is really headache! Perhaps choice do NO MATTER, though it matter..

Moreover, there will be many decisions after one decision; a single choice we made may not determine one’s future but the duration of the journey, perhaps. Down the road, we will have to choose again and again, which will be guiding us and adjusting to make it right. I’m looking for the way (not lost but something alike) because after knowing where to go, there is always a choice! ..got to choose.