"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 17, 2008

In casino, after SMALL is BIG; In life, after failure is success!

Recent ‘busy’ moment at Genting casino had given me some ‘lesson’ I think, apart from small ‘gift’ from 'uncle Lim' (the founder). In my one-hour casino (strict rule of mine), I always favor to bet on BIG-SMALL (大 - 小), the 50-50 chance; simply because it is similar when we make decision from choices in life. See, if one game gives SMALL, the next game should give you BIG (I will bet), naturally. If it is still SMALL, then next should be. If not, again.. again and again. Eventually, after all SMALL, it must be BIG.

Same, when we face failure, we try again.. if not work, we refine and retry.. and again. At the end, we will succeed! Because naturally after failure is success... There are many obstacles and factors in reality can distract our simple belief in this simple principle of nature and hence affect our path. Nonetheless, the BIG-SMALL way works. Honestly, I don’t like gambling and very seldom do but once a while, I follow family trip to and hence put a little bet for entertainment. Hehe…