"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

November 08, 2008

Obama can! We can… anyone?

..have been focusing on my next week travel (urgent) but the news dragged at least 30% of my attention off to! Every corner of the world, whether they support or not really.. Nobody does not know about this, through various media… the recent U.S election.. the historical, new (44th) President of America Barack Obama. I like his keywords, ‘CHANGE and ‘YES, WE CAN! I think most people agreed.. Many are supporting him, though some (like me) might not know why, but from his speeches and so, the feeling.. is him. I’m not clear what he had done before, but he did change and he can in the election ..broke the boundary of races. Looking forward for more ACTION!

Now back to this country I (we) live in, heard of people (mostly the non-majorities I think) are asking something.. Can Malaysia do the same? Err… as we all know, there are many restrictions I guess; many might not accept easily, of course.. However, instead of that, I would be much more interested to know if anyone wants to be? Not a trial, he or she has to really do.. possesses enough capabilities, dedicate his or her life, no matter how tough or how long the journey is, via legal and mature channels, gains enough supporters to, until become the historical one in this country. If there is one here (who we might not have met yet).. actually I believe, Obama can, we can… Would you like to be?