"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

February 28, 2009

'Millionaire in won'.. old student..

huhu... a photo of a boy was posing (might not a good posture, yet handsome) in the freezing weather, and was just trying to show a research institute that he is studying at! Actually, already an old student.. Also, even though is under sponsorship of few millions (Korean won), but he is a poor graduate student because eating here is normally double, triple and above (haha, multiple) the normal price of normal meal, with normal feeling, at normal place in Malaysia! Buying daily goods here also, the price never made him (the ‘millionaire in won’) feel easy.. However, he has never tried korean food in his life and honestly he too never thought about trying some in Korea; therefore, he has to eat more!

Well, did know the name, ‘Kim chi’ 김치.. Here, every meal no matter what kind, ‘Kim chi’ of various types will be served. Do like some of delicious one ,but might not all since the taste is somehow a little STRANGE for me: sour plus salty plus spicy plus fermented plus.. it's peppered, garlicked, pickled vegetables.. oh, it’s vitamin C rich! Another one, rice ‘Bap’ 밥 and nice soup too will be served. Here, people eat rice (the rice is tastier indeed) more than the side dish, while I will take the side dish more. Apart from that, many other food are attractive, which need some time to try.. Okay, spent a few ten thousand (won) just to eat in a week (plus some group outing activities), so now, is eating spicy instant noodles in his room… and, ohh, feel like want to go TOILET! Oooo.. might able to write something on next Saturday hopefully.