"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 21, 2016

Things inside human body

How long the things inside the body can last. Don't know exactly. How things can go wrong either. Anyway, we are still in good health because we take care.

The things inside the human body are designed to keep us alive/survive. Each of them has own job basically. There are things for digestion, things for breathing, things for waste control, things for sensation, things for protection, and other complex things.

Everyday we introduce things from the outside. Of course we need to take good things, e.g. food, drink, air (and etc.). The things that ensure our body to stay healthy always. If not, the things inside the body will go chaos and break down easily and even turn into something deadly (e.g. cancer). Sometimes, we might have taken bad things. Those tiny little things come inside and do harm and even become deadly (e.g. viruses, bacteria). Many times, these things are preventable/manage-able.

What if things go wrong?? Either because of the things inside the body turned bad or those bad things from the outside. One would panic at first (I know) and desperately ask questions... "what is that thing", "how come", "can it be recovered/removed", "what to do", "is there another way", "how long it takes", and maybe "how much time left". Not too bad after awhile knowing the answers (if there is a cure).

Start wondering how the things inside my body are doing now. Really need to check it out. Take a rest.