"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

May 17, 2016

Brand new chapter

What is this thing, I doubted. Oh, it's my blog. Last week, it looked different to me, although it appeared the same blog not updated since year 2012. Actually, I'm the one who has somewhat changed. I decided to renovate this blog and simplify it. From today, this is the new look of my blog. Tadaaa!!

Two additional things I now have are a PhD in neuroscience and a thesis with publication. Okay, not going to brag about it. You see, it is related to biological importance of non-visual light detection in animals, and may not necessarily though photoreceptors in the eyes (what??). Interestingly, the brain itself can sense light information from the environment, which is common in birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish (human, mice??); and it can play important roles in physiology (but how??). Together with many other people's work, my thesis based on studies in the zebrafish got supportive findings to that. Details in my publications.

Meaning that those new things changed me?? I think it is the experience/journey reaching to the point to get the PhD and stuffs. Again, not going to brag about it. Especially, so far every year, publish a scientific paper. Writing those was not easy, but I enjoyed it. This is like telling my exciting ideas/stories that matter to people globally. Because of that, as you might see, my writing in new blog posts has changed (I guess better??), and the style is different now.

Just to brag about it, there are two more good things. First thing is, during PhD I have got the one right mentor (among several) luckily and this is critical. A lot of learning. Second thing is, I believe when you got a thesis, you might get papers from it; but when you have published papers, you are going to get a thesis. This is a choice anyway.

Yeah. The thing is I graduated!