"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

May 18, 2007

‘Asam Lasak’--I'm loving it!

YossS, I got to seek for delicious food before the taste buds of my ‘high-class’ tongue being degenerated. Last Sunday, I went to ‘Kelana Jaya’ night market to eat ‘Asam lasak’ and ABC (Both are Malaysia food), enjoyed first before I handed my car to workshop on Monday. Both ‘Asam lasak’ and ABC were GREAT (Fire and Ice combo)!! Found it! The taste is comparable to 'asam lasak' in ‘Seri Kembangan’ Monday night market. There (SK) was the first time I ate asam lasak. Before this (22 years), I have never tried (never once) because of its strange smell (undescribable) but.. That day (2 years), with friends, for some unknown reasons, I ordered and ate just once. Eh, nice! After that, I became the fans of ‘Asam lasak’, just like my mum.
Yet, the ‘Asam lasak’ in KJ is lacking of a ‘feel’—mm.. the ‘hakka kampung baru’ taste in SK. Anyway, I do not need to go back Seri Kembangan eat loh..(long time no eat there too). However, sometime I will have to go SK to eat some unique SK food I love.