"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

May 04, 2007

--- LOVE --- The Ultimate Force After All!!!

Recently, I attended a good talk about plagiarism by senior lecturer from Monash, Australia last 2 weeks ago. I’m currently writing scientific paper and this talk was really on time and informative! What is plagiarism?? When we are writing, if we take information or idea from someone else articles or journals by just copying word by word, and without quoting them as well. That’s plagiarism!***Plagiarism = copying word by word + without quoting!! Are you?? This is a world issue, not some individuals. Many people are trying to copy because it’s faster and easier to get things done. I think it is for those who do not like the task or job assigned to them, so they have a QUICK-FIX solution. After the talk only I realizeI can do my work by myself and do it even better!!

What is NOT plagiarism then?? Well, we can refer to other’s idea or information but we should use our style or words to express the similar information or idea as if it is our understanding and the important part is we should cites or quotes the source or author. 
***Remember: express in our own style or words + cites or include in reference!!Due to the diversity of people’s mind and brain, some people might say ‘don’t worry, just copy, it should be alright, not wrong’, and some people will say, ‘we better don’t involve in plagiarism, which is not the right way’. ARR!! That’s why I don’t like the words—"right or wrong". To be able to identify which person is wise and who is the unwise, that matter the most here. Must clear this!!"You can learn more from a wise man when he is wrong than a fool who is right." (Dare to fail.com newsletter). Anyway, I might be the fool..I think it is not necessary to involve in plagiarism because everyone is UNIQUE (because genetic, environment, and their interaction with our own self never the same); therefore.. not to say we all are different or isolated but in fact we are same --- human being, we have brain right? So.. just show our originality and have our own BRAND, it serve and benefit more..** Unique >> your originality + your brand!!We should know ourselves deeper in order for us to find out what is so special in us, who we truely are?? For sure everyone has our unique gifted talent (INTEREST), just that we did not know it or never ever get to know of it and hence we leave it sleep through our life as we can’t develop it to our advantage. What’s a waste!! *Imagine: you are doing your favourite job/task.. What life is that?? Cool !!Relax!! Even that we live without luxury (but be able to sustain good living).. Even that we have to work over time.. Even that we do not have holiday.. I think if we love our work, it’s like our hobby-integrated into life and work, thus everyday is holiday. So, why we need holiday?? Will we get tired in holiday?? 

INTEREST/LOVE- is the ultimate motivational force or mover for everything!! If we love our works, we won’t work just to finish the job but to find the meaning of the job, also most important is for growth and spreading out our passion. We would like to make it our own the best or perfect one for what we passionate about, therfore why plagiarism then?? I can’t see any meaning in plagiarism. Hey, don’t suffer yourself by doing things that you don’t want to, please!! Unlock your mind, Unleash your potential...REMEMBER... your mind- 灵 (you are interested) and your body- 身 (you work hard) and your heart- 心 (love to everybody) has to centered in ONE! *Find your interest, find your way, find your meaningful life..