"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 14, 2008

My rule: One-Hour Casino! It WORKS..

Visited Genting Highland last Sunday, after almost a year passed.. and OK, first headed to Casino I must admit. HOWEVER, my rule is strictly ONE-HOUR CASINO; do as many things (legal) as possible within one hour, win-loss has to get out after time's up! Well, 'uncle Lim' (what we called the founder) did give me little ‘encouragement’, hehe.. I was really ‘busy’ in that hour. The best part was after that, took a walk, did some reading at FirstWorld, and RELAX.. (main purpose, honestly…) while my daddy was still 'busy'-ing..

Genting Highland is legendary! It is in Malaysia, I think. The Gallery hall of the founder (at Genting) is inspiring every time I visit… some of his quotes, and history. He (founder) is indeed a learning model of Malaysian youths (including me, though an ‘old’ student already). He said, “once a decision made with sound reasoning, the rest are hard work, determination, and see through it, until fruition.” If more Malaysians built (or building) something as influential as he did (might not same industry), then Malaysia could be deadly IMPACT!