"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 11, 2008

Fuel price hike is so IMPACT! ..has to be, perhaps.

My FIRST time refill of car petrol a week after, I can’t believe my eyes that my full tank (Proton Wira 1.5) used to be RM60 something has shot up to about RM100! I was even made emergency stop of the petrol pump when it hit RM80 plus, as I thought I was over-filled, BUT indeed it was not yet.. ‘pai seh’

There was a time I went back a restaurant in Serdang, which I used to be frequent visitor when I was living nearby, and the same mixed rice has no longer the same, I mean the price! Previous expected RM2.70 has become RM3.70 (maybe it depends). Nevertheless, the taste still preserved as I felt the ‘life’ of an ex-UPM student there.

Another case was I actually had a normal meal (with normal drink) of ~RM9 for each lunch and dinner on a single day, in normal shop (a Chinese shop-house in Seri Kembangan and a mamak store in Brickfield), which is no fast food nor air-conditioning nor better service nor extra decorative nor very famous.. Anyway, the foods were good I must say, though unpredicted price. Well, now things changed…… and it always does……