"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 02, 2008

Just Do It and its coincidence...

The night before last Sunday, it came to my mind that I’m going Ipoh. Err.. do I know the road? Have I been there? What to do there? Don’t know… Well, I have been thinking of visiting Perak state which have never been so far living in KL (2 hours drive to north from). Had been waiting for people to bring or any event or friend activity or just one reason to go Perak but not yet (next time)… In fact, I shouldn’t just hope for...

Once determined, there were feeling of doubts right after the decision.. What if I lost way, what if raining heavily, what if car broke or accidents, what if friend not around, what if no money (fuel price hike!), what if it's boring… think too MUCH! As long as you really want to.. JUST DO IT! Maybe its fun, maybe its great, maybe you meet someone.. Sometime we need to let go “illusion of control”, trying to set every single thing up, yet we couldn’t and after all, NOTHING happens!

Prepared as much as can, let things come and we ADJUST! Whatever it is, this time was because I decided to and hence I drove all the way to Ipoh town (and forgot to bring map!). It was about Ipoh food, and a place, Teluk Intan I found interesting. Planned to meet a friend initially but coincidently (without notice each other earlier) my brother and my dad also went just that same day and we had dinner (Nga Choi Chicken Sa Ho fen).. Fate?