"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

July 05, 2008

Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan!


After had chicken rice ('bai kung' chicken rice), tofu-fa and soy drink (because I saw crowded), a good lunch, before had ‘Nga Choi Chicken Sa Ho fen’ with family (the coincidence) at Ipoh, I went to Teluk Intan (my main objective). For this, quite like the Italian Leaning Tower of Pisa, but in China style or Hakka village style.. I was curious.. certainly it's in Malaysia.

One and half hours drove south from Ipoh, quite far unexpectedly indeed (initially thought I lost my way). Menara Condong is right in Teluk Intan town, as landmark (don’t worry can’t find it). Historical and grand looking and when I was walking inside I felt myself a bit unbalance..(not the building). Can you see, the outlook of this building is leaning a bit (not sure which direction), not straight?! A bit to the right and to backward I guess, or not.. Psychologically I think it is.. Try it!