"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

August 03, 2008

Career and Art.. Not separate any!!

aikido…missed recent Malaysia Aikido Seminar (biggest MAA annual event), which I have to. Because of some urgent operations and decision making moment of mine regard some uncertainties, which no longer are.. and hence, forcefully let go a good opportunity to train with (or 'feel') some 100+ Aikido-ka! Thoughts have been flooding my head, in addition to Aikido fever I’m always have, while searching ways to RE-start my journey toward unknown future... After some try and errors, some consideration and getting some feedbacks, also little planning.. Now I’m into MISSION!

..shifted my 'base' (temporary) back to hometown, fortunately I still have chance to train Aikido at a newly established Kuantan Dojo. Because this ART is more than martial defense but to harmony, as well as philosophy.. meanwhile I learned better understanding and manifestation of the mind.. Hope the passion of mine (at least) would not be discouraged, no matter how busy I’m into pursuing academia and Brain Science career, where-ever I’m.