"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

October 11, 2008

Crises... affect me? I'm thinking..

During a quite long holiday (my 'mini-retire'), I have been applying International Sponsor for my study somewhere and I think (just think) almost got it... but not yet confirmed (the trouble). The journey of searching the big ‘SEA’ is tough and I’m like ‘sinking’ for sometime. Hopefully.. I can’t wait to start research project!
However (just in case related), recent highlight news around the world is what? U.S. FINANCIAL CRISIS (serious).. Stock market down (unstable).. Asian economy is affected (quite).. more countries are/will be/might be facing financial problem (some say).. Many do not feel good about those news headlines lately. Well, though I'm not economist but money matter is always a problem in all industries, even the charity body I guess. In academia.. my case would be also somehow.. more or less.. I need bail-outs.. Anyway, who knows? Something can be done and things will get better soon! While I’m planning something else now (travel?), I need a strategy to face the unpredictable situation! I would ensure reaching my dream – STUDY ABOARD!