"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

September 18, 2016

Look down on things

Okinawa, Japan
On top of the world?
Looking down on things through a window of an airplane. I was flying from Okinawa. So that is the things we see.

When we are looking at things from top, the things (so far) are not clearly identifiable. We know, down there must have buildings, mountains, ocean, rivers, roads, vehicles, people, and many other things. The higher we go the harder to clearly see those things from the sky. It's a different view from top.

Meanwhile, one thing comes closer and we can see perhaps clearer. I mean the clouds. But they look no different thing, compared to that when we looked up to the sky (and admired?). It's a lovely view when you are flying high.

Just arrived one day and departed the next day. I tried to breathe in fresh air and see the things on the land as much as possible. My travel also completed. See if I get a chance to come again.