"When I was young I set out to change the world.
When I grew older I perceived that this was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my state.
This too, I realized as I grew older, was too ambitious,
so I set out to change my town.
When I realized that I could not do even this, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man I know that I should have started by changing myself.
If I had started with myself, maybe then I would have succeeded
in changing my family, the town, or even the state-
and who knows, maybe the world."
(unknown)

May 04, 2008

Mirror of Society in the Dramas!

The Educational, also the only dramas I ever finished since 1.5 years ago! 太極 and 金石良, which are the latest Hong Kong drama 2008! Both taught an important philosophy of life (the truth)! They expressed in similar approach: one used martial art (‘Tai Chi’), while one utilized sport (Marathon run)! Dont you think life like marathon (movie message)? Sometime you are at frontier, sometime being left behind.. Anyway, marathon in life could be NOT a match but simply just take a walk (slow run).. They (in movie) demonstrated the materialism (overly), lacking of positive sportsmanship and existence of unhealthy competitions in the disappointed society; but still there are some good in this world that worth working hard for.. And, we can make a difference. 太極 has more action scene while presenting the key principles of the harmonious art! Another drama begin with humorous and happy scene, a bit upset until tearing later; yet, both are motivating and touching in the end! Especially 金石良 ..a Lovely Dramas!